One of my June goals is to finish Heirloom Nativity. I have been working on that.
First I spent what seemed like an eternity stitching the kloster blocks.
More than a few mistakes had to be corrected, but if not perfectly executed, the count is on and they all line up.
Then I did the gold eyelets. No problems with those!
Then, deep breath, the cutting! Yesterday I got my oil changed and between that hour and a couple early mornings this week when I woke up long before the rest of the family and was fresh for some concentrated stitching, I was able to work on the cutting. I finished it this morning:
I made a mistake only when my husband came down and I got distracted for a second! Ugh! But I checked the chart and it looks like it will be hidden in a wrapped bar and so it’s ok. I tidied up the whole back of any loose threads and waste knots and I am ready for a week of wrapping and weaving those bars!
The end is in sight!