Autumn Quakers is Finished!

//
Comments9

Hooray hooray! I finished Autumn Quakers today! I am smiling so big, I just love how it came out. I am very proud of the silk conversion I came up with, and not to brag too much, but this piece has no counting errors. I am astonished I got through the whole thing without messing up any counting. Now watch me jinx my next 12 projects and they will be rife with mistakes! Ha!

Here are some close-ups of my favorite motifs. I love that rainbow flower bouquet. It was so fun.

These motifs are all just SO pretty. Each was a joy to stitch, even the ones I put off stitching because they were big or didn’t look straightforward. How do you like my “M”? It barely fit! I guess my count was a little tight – I didn’t account for the little off-center “buds” inside the wreath-but it worked out! I used the original orange color I had picked-Autumn Foliage from Thread Gatherer -as a tribute to my fussing over the orange choice. I did really like the color even though it didn’t fit well in every place. I didn’t restitch all the little places I had used it in the upper portion of the sampler, so it was good to use it again here on the lower part. And it is so complementary to all the colors! Overall I’m quite pleased and think it looks really really good! I love this piece and am so glad I prioritized stitching it this year.

9 Responses

  1. Oh Mary, this looks so beautiful, congratulations on finishing it error free! I hope you frame it soon so you can show it off proudly.

  2. Congratulations, Mary!! It is absolutely gorgeous–the colors are incredible. Well done on choosing them AND on stitching it error free. That is amazing on a piece that large. Enjoy your day!

Leave a Reply