Well, it is very frustrating to have followed all the instructions and gone through a lot of effort to get it right and then things just don’t work out! I ordered the specified box from Hobby Lobby for Spring Arose and my piece is TOO BIG to fit on it. I double checked. It’s the correct box. It’s the correct fabric count. I don’t know what went wrong. I’m not going to compromise the finish. So now I have to find a bigger box. So, my Small finish was SUPPOSED to be an FFO of Spring Arose, but instead you just get to see the finished stitching again. You don’t mind, right? It’s nice stitching! And this is a better picture than my other one.
However, I do have something new finished for you: August for Joyful World! I didn’t want to use so much white for all the flowers and butterflies so I didn’t. I like it this way. Nice and cool for a hot month.
I am doing something brave with the next 2 months. I am swapping them.Here is what I will be dealing with:
To me, the barn owls belong in October and the hedgehog belongs in September. My 5th grade teacher loved hedgehogs so I want the hedgehog in the “school” month, and I am going to attempt to turn the apple by the owls into a pumpkin for October. Plus, I think the leaves with the owls look more autumnal than the the hedgehog’s flowers so I’d like that scene more situated right in the fall. The main tricky thing with my plan, which I believe is definitely workable, is figuring out how to swap the month words because there is not really enough space on the hedgehog one to write September unless I move the flowers over. Hmmmm….Anyway, I am tackling the owls in October first and there is plenty of space to put “October” so I don’t have to worry about recharting September for a while. Here is the slow start on the border:
I couldn’t resist. I started a couple new things even though my plan to was to work on the big WIPs. Here they are: the Mill Hill Ice Skates ornament,
and a Threadwork Primitives pinkeep.
I didn’t have the called-for colors for this one but hopefully my substitutions will look fine anyway. I have been amassing a nice big floss collection and I just can’t justify not using it!