Secret Stitching Sweetheart!


This is the first time I have ever participated in a blog hop! Thank you, Jo, at Serendipitous Stitching, for organizing this for us! We all sent a friendship or love themed project we had made to Jo, and she swapped them around to send us each one from Secret Stitching Sweetheart. Now our job is to visit all the blogs and find out who received our picture! Here is my Valentine from my Secret Stitching Sweetheart:


What a cute lucky elephant! Thank you so much! I love how the ear is a heart! Please, Stitching Sweetheart, if you see my post, comment and tell me more about this project!

Thank you to everyone who is coming over to visit for the blog hop! Feel free to look around, leave me a comment, and come back! I post every week or so! Happy St. Valentine’s Day!

Random Thoughts Update!


I am so excited to share with you the progress on Random Thoughts! I’ve kept working away on it and here is the top 3/4 of the center design, all done except for charms!

I love how the little stitcher is the same as the one on the needleminder!

The final motifs I was putting in involved quite a few special stitches that I was doing for the first time. I’m not sure how well I executed them but I figure practice is as much the point of a sampler as anything and I mostly wanted some exposure to these stitches so I have a better appreciation and knowledge of them.

Here’s my queen stitch:

This area was time consuming. The dark floss was hard to see. I think they are just ok but I can imagine them being very impressive in other materials or design.

Double faggoting stitch:

I LOVE the Jessica stitch on the sunflowers too!

I really am doubtful how successful this one is, I can barely see it myself being white silk on cream linen, and I could not find a clear example online to make sure it looked right. Hmmm…

Spiderweb roses:

I have had a bit of experience with these before and they are fun and pretty.

Four-sided stitch with satin stitch and diamond eyelet:

This makes a such pretty pattern and was therapeutic to stab and pull! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Combo of ray stitch and Smyrna cross

Picky picky! My tension is uneven! But a pretty combination!

Double running stitch:

I couldn’t figure out how to get this particular pattern perfectly repeated on front and back but I appreciate the experience and really wanted to learn how this technique works! Neat!

There are about 2 “rows” left in this whole center piece (plus a border). Being so close I really want to get the center done! But about half the motifs are more special stitches to learn. And I really want to get to that baby sampler! Decisions decisions!

I’ll end with these sweet little over 1 sections.

You can see the grass in rapid stitch here too, at the top.

I always dread over 1 but then it turns out not to be so bad. I’m relying on that fact for my Snowbirds Ornament which I’ll show you next time!

Three Kings


My goal for January was to complete part of a big project. I’m a day late but I have finished the Three Kings band of Heirloom Nativity! Ta Dah!

I love working the decorative bands between the picture bands but I’m going to try my best to set this aside. My goal for February is to complete one part of another big project-probably the rest of the top of Random Thoughts. I should be able to do it-then hopefully I’ll get into that baby sampler. Wish me luck!