Hello, Smalls Stitchers!
The Smalls SAL was created by Heather of Stitching Lotus in 2015 and is now going strong into its 5th year! We thank Heather for her years of hospitality and for fostering such a lovely stitching community! I will pick up hosting it where Heather left off, with the rules and format remaining the same. On the last Friday of every month I will post a link up where you can share a picture of the needlework Small you made that month and a link to your blog. It’s ok if you don’t participate every month-this is supposed to be fun and low pressure! Even if you take a few months off you are very welcome to post again later in the months when you have something to share!
- Pick your own design, something you can finish in a month. Designs should be small but you get to decide what small is for you. 50×50 stitches? 100×100 stitches? It’s up to you. It is ok to show a stitched piece that is not fully finished as long as the stitching is done. It is also ok if your small in a component of a bigger project if it can stand alone (like a month of a calendar or a single design of a series you are stitching on one big piece of fabric). You can even “double dip” if you are participating in another SAL that has you stitching small designs! You can include multiple Smalls in one post, too, if you have a productive month!
- Post a picture of your completed Small (stitching done, but the actual finishing optional!) on the last Friday of every month. See the dates below. The link up will stay open for about a week.
- After you post, visit my blog to add your link to the check-in post. Be sure you link to the URL of your Smalls SAL post and not just your blog homepage please!
- Remember there is no obligation to participate every single month! Just stitch what you can when you can, and check-in whenever you have a qualifying finish.
- The SAL is open to new participants all year. You can join in whenever you’d like. The more the merrier!
Also, please consider using the above graphic to link back to this page so other people can find out about the SAL and join in the fun.
The check-in dates for 2019 are as follows:
- January 25
- February 22
- March 29
- April 26
- May 31
- June 29
- July 26
- August 30
- September 27
- October 25
- November 29
- December 27
If you subscribe to my blog you can be notified when the check-in post is live each month.
Do you have a Twitter or Instagram account? If you want to share your monthly finish, use the tag #smallsal2019.
Sign Up Now!
So we can have an idea who’s in for the Smalls SAL 2019, please sign up by adding a link to your blog to the list below. If you aren’t sure, no worries! You can add a link to the check-in any month you want without signing up. It’s all about having fun and a good excuse to stitch up those cute little projects we all love so much.
Thanks so much for your interest and participation in the Smalls SAL! Let’s work together to keep this fantastic group going!