Bathya is a CHALLENGE. Let me tell you. I really really need to pay attention.
I was so proud of myself, finishing that blue line, only to discover I had stitched it over two and it needed to be stitched over three. The chart is charted over 2 because I guess that is the standard, but there is probably an equal amount of stitching over 3, which means that there are 3 squares for every 2 stitches. It’s Math. I will have to really be sharp to keep up on it.
I pulled out the blue line and restitched it correctly. Then I went to the next band of green and pink…flowers? leaves? I don’t know. They are stitched over three. It took me 45 minutes to do this much:
But I think I did the reverse stitching correctly. So yay me.
I do not think this is as neat as it should be and by the time I get to the end of this line, I will want to pull out the first bit to redo so it is all consistently OK. That is my goal with this. Consistently OK.
On the other end of the spectrum, here is H. Faulkner. This is my pool and “waiting in the car to pick up school kids” stitch. It is going along a lot quicker, obviously, than Bathya.
I wish Miss Faulkner had a first name, like Hannah or Harriet or Helene or almost anything else, and then have her first pretty H name followed by an F initial. I do not think Faulkner is such a pretty name on this pretty sampler. If I don’t write “Simple Gifts” on this (it might be too long) I think I might name her so I don’t have to sew (and see) Faulkner.