I’m closing in on Catherine Agnes from Indigo Rose!
Here is what I accomplished since last time: I charted the left alphabet border to put in the year instead of my initials. I stitched the specialty stitch left inner border. I put in 2 more motifs, and almost finished the embellishment of the 2 left corners. I finished the right hand double running stitch border of the center motif. You can see what I’m putting off: the Hardanger squares and that plum motif in the lower right. But being so close I have the motivation to tackle and finish it.
I have discovered a stitch that is truly difficult for me: bullion knots. I will leave you with a picture of the motif that features them, as well as a the other neat motifs on the left.
They are consistently lumpy and ill-formed so at least there’s that! I think I need a lesson…and practice! Fortunately there are many on my First Garden!